General Safety Instructions in the Balearics
Though infection rates in the Balearics remain low, the summer rise has led to slightly stricter health and safety measures being imposed.
These include a partial ban on outdoor smoking, nightclub closures and a reduction in capacity allowances for indoor spaces, shops, culture centres, events and eating establisments.
In terms of how these new measures may affect our hotel guests, let's have a look at those that apply to the hotel and hospitality industry and sports activities:
Hotels and Restaurants
- 75% capacity, with a maximum of 10 people per table or group of tables and a minimum safety distance of 1.5 meters.
- Consumption at the bar is permitted providing that the minimum security distance is maintained.
- Cafe terraces - Groups of up to 10 people, maintaining a minimum distance of 1.5 meters between tables.
- Closure by decree - Nightclubs, karaoke, and cocktail bars with or without live musical performances.
- Payment by card is advised, avoiding the use of cash as much as possible.
- Toilets - the maximum occupancy will be 50% of the number of stalls / urinals.
- Individual, team and contact sports - Max 75% capacity, may be carried out in public, with maximum of 300 people including athletes.
- Sports facilities may carry out individual, team based and contact sporting activities, providing 2.25 m² surface area is not exceeded.
- Use of changing rooms and showers is permitted.
- Sports campuses, schools and clinics are permitted.
- Recreational pools will not exceed a maximum capacity of 75%, guaranteeing the safety distance and using schedules.